How lucky are we!? Dr. Barry Sears, the creator of “The Zone Diet,” and New York Times Best selling author has written fitness tips just for our site! Among Barry’s numerous accomplishments, he has also launched a “Zone Diet Cruise.” You can go on vacation and get lean, while learning guidelines for losing weight and staying healthy for a lifetime. Here’s a taste of the informative and inspirational Dr. Sears.
Celebrities Love “The Zone Diet” as well!
1. Eat more vegetables
2. Keep as much white (bread, pasta, potatoes, rice) off you plate as possible
3. Take extra fish oil every day
4. Eat three small balanced meals and two balanced snacks throughout the day
5. Have some low-fat protein at every meal and snack.
1. Park your car 15 minutes away from your work. This ensures you will walk 30 minutes per day.
2. If you do aerobic exercise, focus on high-intensity training with 30 seconds of intense work followed by 90 seconds of lower intensity. Repeat 8 to 10 times.
3. Do weight training three times a week
4. Do stretching three times a week.
5. Remember there are a lot of good reasons for exercise, but weight loss is not one of them. However for weight maintenance, exercise is incredibly important.
A Big thanks to Dr. Sears for taking time out of his VERY busy schedule to contribute to our site! Please visit his site for information on the zone diet, beneficial supplements, eating plans and much much more.
BS, CES, PES, CPT