Men and women struggle with “bat wings,” however, since women have a higher bodyfat percentage it’s more of an issue. While exercise can firm up an area of the body, it is not possible to spot reduce. You must change your diet and do exercises to see lasting results. With that being said, these are the best exercises to rid you of arm flab.
*The Triceps are the target muscle to strengthen.
LAYING TRICEP EXTENSION
* Sit on the ball and roll down, lowering your body until only your upper back is on the ball.
*Contract your stomach and your butt to keep your hips level with your torso.
* Bend your elbows back and align them with your ears.
*Extend both arms until they straighten completely. Contract the triceps and breath out at the top of the extension. Make sure to keep your elbows in tucked in towards your ears throughout the whole exercise.
* Lower the weight back back to starting position and repeat.
* Do 12-15 reps / 3 sets
SEATED TRICEP EXTENSION
* In a seated position, pull your elbows back toward your ears. Keep the elbows in during the entire length of the exercise.
* Let the elbows bend down to starting position.
*Straighten the elbows so that the weight is being held over your head.
* Contract the triceps and breath out as you push the weight up.
* Do this exercise 12-15 times / 3 sets
Look At These Muscle That Work When You Do Bench Dips!
How To Do It: Sit on the edge of a flat exercise bench and place your hands, fingers facing forward, next to your thighs. Place your feet on the floor in front of you, knees bent. Keeping your arms straight, scoot forward so your butt is hovering in front of the edge of the bench (A). Inhale, bend your arms, and lower your butt (B), stopping when your upper arms are parallel to the floor. Exhale and push yourself back up, straightening your arms.
Also Works: Chest
Add a Twist: To make the move even more challenging, extend your legs straight in front of you.
Choose 2-3 exercises. Do those exercises 2-3 times per week for best results. In order to get rid of your arm flab for good, make sure that you alter you calorie intake, decrease your fat intake (while replacing it with “good fats”) and stay consistent!
If you love these fitness tips share them on facebook, twitter, or email them with the blue bar below. We love helping you, one tip at a time!
BS, CPT, CES, PES