I LOVE IT! It’s NOT a piece of goop like her blog, no pun intended. I swear. Okay, pun intended. How could I not?!
Listen, I know that Gwyneth Paltrow gets under people’s skin with her perfect marriage to a hot rock star, and her perfect kids with crazy names like Apple AND don’t forget her great acting career, the third installment of Iron Man is coming out in May. All that being said I…kind of…really…love…her cook book It’s All Good!
I said it! There! Are you happy!?
I’m not just going against the curve like most people in LA just for the sheer fact of wanting to be “different”, her cook book is really good. Gwyneth Paltrow wrote the book with her producer friend Julia Turshen, who was HUGE(by LA standards) and when she teamed up with Gwyneth/Gwyneth made her show her how to cook, but she forced all her dietary restrictions on Julia like Gwyneth’s strict no gluten, no sugar, no dairy(unless it’s sheep or goat) so Julia was forced to eat what she made for Gwyneth and then she got thinner. Yay!
This is what I like about Gwyneth’s cook book:
1. She eats some carbs. Maybe I’m sooooooo carb deprived from my 4 Hour Body Diet that the idea of eating quinoa seems like a Root Beer Float with extra ice cream. That’s not the only carb, I know some are you are saying, “Bianca, quinoa is hardly a carb it’s full of protein!”, but Gwyneth also eats brown rice! I know, you’d think her twig body doesn’t even know what brown rice is.
2. She gives you a week plan of detoxing/body building/vegan-ism/family friendly/everyday eating. I’m very visual so I LOVED this. I love seeing something all set and ready to go for me.
3. She eats fruit too! I miss sugar, and in my 4 Hour Body Diet Tim Ferriss says that sugar, no matter if it comes from fruit, makes us fat because it’s sugar and sugar turns into fat. What about Gwyneth Paltrow’s body Tim?! Does her body not process sugar the same?!?!
Okay, I’m not jumping my 4 Hour Body Diet yet, I know it seems that way, but I’m just lashing out. Bear with me.
Here’s what I don’t like:
1. She says things like, eat “a NICE pear”. I’m sorry that’s just annoying. That’s when she sounds a little highfalutin. Just say pear Gwyneth, it sounds like the only “nice pear” we would be able to find is at a really expensive store/farmers market in St Tropez.
2. She suggests you to shop at Whole Foods AKA Whole Pay Check. You can get pretty much get all the ingredients and get them organic as well, at Trader Joe’s.
So all the critics that say you can eat Gwyneth Paltrow’s meals for $300 a day obviously haven’t tried going to Trader Joe’s AKA Trader “Everybody Goes”.
So go get Gwyneth Paltrow’s new cook book and maybe you’ll be a fan of her goop. I am!