Bad Breakfast means a Rough Day!
Like most people I don’t want to get up in the morning any earlier than I need to, which often means I am running around the house trying to get out the door on time, and don’t spend the time I should on eating a good breakfast. I ran into that problem today, and I have been paying for it all day long!Normally I am organized, and have a good idea of a healthy, protein rich breakfast in my head before I hit the sheets at night. I know for myself, I need a lot of protein in the morning if I am going to make it to lunch without starving. That means I usually have on hand egg whites, celery with peanut butter, and then I discovered overnight oatmeal, what a wonderful idea! I made a big mistake this morning though, and just had a few berries and some nuts. Fruits and healthy fats, what could go wrong? I could turn into a human garbage disposal by 10 am is what! How could I possibly do my job well when I spent the next two hours dreaming of my lunch. That glorious noon hour came and I devoured my lunch in what seemed like 10 seconds, only to realize my lunch was gone and I was still starving! I learned my lesson the hard way, better choices at breakfast means an easy diet to follow all day long, poor breakfast and you better get out of my way if you are any sort of food.Learn from my mistake and do some pre planning that will pay off all day long! This simple idea can be tailored to you. My personal favorite is raspberry vanilla, now go find yours!
How to make 6 flavor varieties of Refrigerator Oatmeal.
I had fun experimenting with different flavor combinations and settled on six favorites. They all start with the same basic ingredients and procedure.
Step 1. Assemble these ingredients & supplies:
- old fashioned rolled oats (not instant, quick, or steel-cut)
- Greek yogurt (regular yogurt is thinner; if you use it, you’ll need to reduce the amount of milk); read my post for easy instructions for straining regular yogurt to make Greek yogurt.
- milk (I used skim, but any kind will work)
- chia seeds; I bought mine at Whole Foods; available on Amazon, click here
- half pint (1 cup) mason jars, find them at Walmart and grocery stores; available on Amazon, click here (source)
Use this healthy breakfast idea to get a jump on your weight loss goals. Share this awesome fitness tip with your friends and family!