Not many people know what the adrenal system is, even fewer, know how to fix it. In simple terms, this system is responsible for the “fight or flight” mechanism. It releases adrenaline that aids the body in survival. However, over the years the human race adapted and changed. We don’t have to hunt for our food, protect ourselves from wild animals, or fight for our lives. The adrenal glads now help us when we are under stress, when we haven’t had enough sleep, and when we haven’t eaten enough.
Sounds like a great system right!? Of course it is! The only problem is, people are exhausting their systems with processed foods, caffine, lack of sleep, allergies (including food allergies), inactivity, and stress. Over the years the system progressively gets more and more sluggish. The result is too much insulin (blood sugar) being released. This excess sugar begins to create the “inner tube” affect. You know, that ring around your mid section. Some affectionately call it the “muffin top.”
How Do You Know If Your Adrenal System Is Sluggish?
We found this awesome quiz to help you, the reader, figure out the state of your body.
Visit this site and take the quiz.
(click on the picture )
Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue
- Morning fatigue. You don’t really seem to wake up until 10 a.m., even if you’ve been awake since 7 a.m.
- Afternoon “low” (feelings of sleepiness or clouded thinking) from 2 to 4 p.m.
- A burst of energy at 6 p.m. when you finally feel better from your afternoon lull
- Sleepiness around 9p.m. to 10 p.m. However, you resist going to sleep
- A “second wind” at 11 p.m. that lasts until about 1 a.m., when you finally do go to sleep
- Cravings for foods high in salt and fats
- Chronic low blood pressure
- Sensitivity to cold and feeling chilled
- Increased PMS or menopausal symptoms
- Mild depression
- Mood swings
- Mental fog
- Memory problems
- Lack of energy and feeling rundown
- A decreased ability to handle stress
- A decreased ability to recover from illness
- Muscular weakness
- Increased food allergies
- Lightheadedness when getting up from a sitting or lying down position
- Decreased sex drive
- Frequent sighing
- Inability to handle foods high in potassium or carbohydrates unless they’re combined with fats and protein
- You crave sugar
Brain Fog Is Another Symptom of Adrenal Fatigue
1) Horrible short term memory
2) Difficulty with word finding and word substitution
3) Disorientation lasting 30-60 seconds ( You might be driving somewhere and you forget where you are and where you are going)
4) Loss of mental acuity
6) In ability to think clearly
7) A feeling that you’re in a fog or a dark cloud is over your head
8) Decreased attention span
9) Mild depression or anxiety
10) Lack of spatial awareness
11) Difficulty concentrating
12) Lack of focus
14) Spaciness or Absentmindedness
15) Trouble learning new tasks
16) Trouble solving problems
17) Decrease in creativity
18) Decreased mental stamina
It’s no wonder Americans are gaining weight! We are a nation who runs on caffeine, and thrives on stress to achieve the “American Dream.” In order to lose weight it’s recommended that you do a detox first. Next you take the vitamins and supplements recommended to help your body heal. The detox IS VERY necessary! You must clean up your intestinal tract so that the vitamins and minerals can absorb through the lining of your intestines.
Recommended Supplements for Adrenal Fatigue
“By far, the best performing adrenal fatigue supplement in our review has been Adrenal Revive. What I liked best about Adrenal Revive is that unlike other “fatigue” supplements you see on the market, it was specifically formulated to address the needs of adrenal fatigue sufferers. I discovered in my review that it is a very well known adrenal supplement and includes ingredients that have scored the highest in clinical studies.”
“Simply put, More Natural Energy can help dramatically reduce your fatigue. In our experience with this product, we’ve found success in its patented FOUR “Total Body” Energy System targeted to replenish your adrenals. This system infuses your body with pharmaceutical grade vitamins and organic herbal extracts that get you bubbling with energy in no time.” Click here to read more.
“Reloramax is good energy supplement, one in which we are happy to recommend for those with adrenal fatigue.
The ingredients in this 100% all natural product are absorbed by the large intestine and transported directly to the brain. Once delivered, they assist in the creation of relaxing Alpha brain waves, help control homocysteine levels, and improve serotonin and dopamine transmitters.
Because of the quick digestive quality, we found the product fast-acting and long lasting. When taken as directed the formula seems to work all day with no “down time” between doses” Click here to read more.
* Writers for Fit Tip Daily.com have not tried the above products. These are reviews that have been pulled from online. If you have tried these please feel free to write in and let other readers know about your experience.
Use this these fitness tips to get your system back on track! Once you are on the healing path you will find that the weight seems to drop off without effort! Adrenal fatigue is something that should NOT be taken lightly. Long term stress on your body leads to the break down of cells. Over time this can lead to disease and overall health issues. Take care of YOU!
CPT, BS, PES, CES