I’ll admit that I am a hard core trainer that is never one to take the easy routine (mainly because I don’t think they exist). As a trainers, we believe that if you want to lose inches you have to WORK for them by changing your eating and increasing your activity. However, I am an inventor at heart, and I love to try new things. An acquaintance asks me to write a review for “It Works” body wraps and I agreed. She sent me some to give away in the monthly subscriber giveaway and some to use myself. I warned her ahead of time that I wasn’t going to lie or change the results just because she was a friend. Thus far I have used two and to my surprise that actually WORKED.
Background on the “It WORKS” Body Wraps
The Ultimate Body Applicator was a $300 Spa treatment in Europe for 12 years before “It Works” bought the rights to it. Hollywood asked that the amazing slimming sensation be placed in their Emmy & Oscar Gift Suites! It was also used on the set of Sex and the City 2! Many Celebs use our body and facial wraps!
Who’s Using “It Works” Body Wraps
I know what you’re thinking (because I thought the same thing too), this is just another gimmick to get people to spend their money, get hooked. Then they’ll be “lifers.” Well I did MY BEST to make sure that
anything I lost while using the wrap for 45 minutes WAS NOT WATER. In fact, they actually tell you to drink 2 bottles of water while you are wearing them. Not to mention, that I ate dinner right before I wrapped.
The Process – Wrap It Up
- I Measured my stomach at my Belly button. Then 2 inches up from my belly button (all the way around) and 2 inches down from my belly button. 3 Measurements total.
- Remove the applicator from the packaging and unfold it. I was using the stomach wrap, however they have them for most body parts. I put the wrap on my stomach and it was freezing ! Next I had a friend wrap my stomach in cellophane. You can also use other things such as an ace bandage but I prefer the plastic sucked up look.
- As I sat on the couch I took notes for all my loyal readers . I noticed that the body wrap seemed to get colder and colder as time passed. I was freezing so I threw on a jacket and stuck it out.
- During the course of the 45 minutes I chugged 2 bottles of water.
- The wrap had a very “spa like” smell to it.
- Once the time was up, I peeled myself out of the plastic wrap, took off the applicator, then wipped off the access cream from the wrap.
- I measured right after in the same 3 areas.
To my surprise I lost a total of 2.75 inches in 45 minutes. Ok I know what you are thinking, it’s water. Well it can’t be water because I drank 2 bottles. It’s temporary, well actually I measured the next 2 days and it didn’t come back yet. According to the company, you can lose between 1-2 inches and it ill stay off for 2-6 months. I haven’t tested that theory yet but I will defiantly be watching! I lost a half inch from the belly button measurement, .75 inches from the top measurement, and another half inch from the bottom. NOT BAD!!
According to the package you can use the body wraps every 72 hours if you want. So my big question was this WHY DOES IT WORK???
Why Does “It WORKS” Body Wrap Work?
” The gel formula on the wrap contains herbs that penetrate deep through 4 layers, to the fat layer where we store our toxins. The herbs and lipase enzymes work to metabolize, breaking up into tiny pieces and the fat and toxins are then excreted.
The applicator’s natural ingredients help to saturate the cell wall, and work to release the subcutaneous fat that has accumulated inside the cell (osmosis action). The excess substance liquified by the herbs goes through the blood circulation and into the lymphatic system to be excreted from the body naturally. This is the reason it’s important to drink lots of water while using the wrap, and afterwards. This will help flush out toxins.”
If you have been paying attention to the new non invasive lypo treatment on the market ( we have to it’s out job;), these mimic the same thought process through osmosis. While I NEVER encourage people take their focus off exercise and diet, this could be something fun to try. Below I’ve added in some pictures and information on where to get the wraps!
If you are interested in trying these products out for yourself there are several options to choose from. It Works Body Wraps range from 59.00 for a set to 99.00 . If you have any question please feel free to write in and I will have my friend Carla from “It Works” help me answer them! Visit Her Site To get your own “It Works” Wraps !