We have posted several articles over the years to tighten up that horrible lose arm flab that plagues many. These exercises are to target the triceps, however, we must add that body fat is a huge factor. Diet must be addressed also to get rid of excess fat. These exercises will help to tighten up your triceps, give them more definition which in turn creates less jiggle.
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Tricep Extension
Trainer Tip: It’s important to keep your elbows in, your stomach tight and extend your
arms completely. Do 12 – 15 reps – 3 sets
Cable Tricep Extension
Trainer Tips: Make sure you extend your arms completely.
- Breath OUT when extending
- Stomach should always be tight
- Shoulders relaxed
- Head up looking forward
- This can also be preformed with a resistance band
Side Tri Rise
Side Tri Rise – This has got to be my favorite P90X tricep exercises. It’s effective and you don’t need any equipment for it.
Trainer Tips: Start with your weak arm and do as many as possible. Then match that amount with your strong arm. Use that amount of repetitions for all 3 sets.
As your weak arm gets better you can increase the total amount.
- Extend your arms as much as possible. In the beginning this exercise will be tough. However, some of it is due to flexibility. As you continue to work on these arm flab exercises, you will begin to notice small changes every time you workout.
Over Head Tricep Extension
Keep your elbows lined up with your ears and tucked in close to your head.
Extend arms completely.
Breath OUT as you extend your arms.
The cable or rubber band (which ever you choose) should be anchored about 1 foot off the floor.
Trainer Tips –
- Knees should be slightly bent.
- Hips should be close to the bench so you don’t injure your shoulders.
- Go down until your elbows create a right angle.
- Breath OUT when you push your body back up and extend your arms.
All of these exercises with the exception of the side tri rise, should be preformed 3 times with the repetitions between 12 and 15. Use these to fight arm flab and eat healthy to rid your body of excess fat.
CPT, BS, CES, PES