Drinking enough water didn’t used to be a challenging task “back in the day.” In the 1900’s there wasn’t 20 different soda choices, Starbucks, various teas, and smoothies. It’s easy to see why the general public has strayed from our main source of hydration.
Some of the best diet advice I ever received was during a program called “Prism.” This strict whole food diet stressed water, unrefined sugars, and a balanced diet. It also had support groups once a week and team leaders to help coach you to a better way of eating. Through this program I got one amazing tip about water that I keep in the back of my mind…. My coach “Jackie” told us that the first thing you drink in the morning sets the tone for the rest of your day. If you drink coffee you will crave caffine and flavor the rest of the day. If you drink soda then your will crave sugar and carbination the rest of the day. The list could go and on but these fitness tips could help you stay healthy and aid in weight loss.
- Drink water first thing in the morning (nothing before it)
- If you drink coffee, drink the same amount of water to rehydrate your body
- Drink at least half your weight in H2o
- Tired of water?? Drink 1/4 cup of juice with 16 oz of water for flavor
- Find great water recipes to mix it up!
- Drink 2 bottles of water while working out. This is a great and easy way to consume water while you are hot and thristy.
Drinking water is partially habit. In order to estabilish any habit, good or bad, you must give it time and consistancy. Start your healthy habit now!