Unlike other addictions… fitness is one that you should definitely share with your family. Its easy to do your routines day in and day out; escaping into your own world in your head and fulfilling your serotonin boost. Why not get your family involved and inspire others to feel the way you feel! Making fitness a part of other peoples lives is a gift that keeps giving! Here are some tips for getting your family in on all the fun benefits..
- Do activites that they enjoy:No one wants to hit the weights if they don’t enjoy it; especially in the beginning.
- Start at their level: You can’t go out and run sprints with your mom if she hasn’t been running. Try choosing an activity that matches their intensity level and they will have fun doing.
- Add activity into daily routine: Something as simple as walking around the mall can have an impact on someone who is sedentary.
- Buy them a fitness gift. Something as simple as an exercise band or mp3 player can motivate others to start moving.
- Invite, invite, invite: Never stop inviting others to get active. For some, the mere fact that you are inviting them, gives them hope that one day they will take you up on your invitation.
These are simple things, yet people over look them and dive into their own routines. Think of this as your “random act of kindness” for human kind. Being active is a gift that should be shared with everyone.
(CES, PES, CPT, BS)