When people think about weight training they picture dumbbells, barbells, and machines. Not many think of resistance bands as a true weight training routine. Even fewer use bands with their weight training to increase results. Looking around the gym, it’s very rare that you see men using bands. This could be because many people equate weights to metal. Bowflex took advantage of this resistance quality and with it came huge profit and one of the best selling home gyms and bodybuilding machines. Are you maximizing your resistance training in the gym? Here’s why bands could be the key to your weight loss, muscle building, and plateau breaker.
- Gravity Is A Factor. If you aren’t counting the speed of your negative (the part of the repetition that goes with gravity) then bands can force you to control each repetition. Since true muscle growth and fatigue comes from the negative portion, this maximizes calorie burning and muscle contraction.
- Bands Have No Boundaries. Most movements with dumbbells go in the standard planes of motion. However, bands can be twisted and pulled at every angle imaginable making them more versatile in all activities.
- Stretch Away. Stretching is an important part to every routine. Bands can be used as devices for stretching. Try doing that with a dumbbell 😉
- Maximize Your Time. Doing a circuit training routine can be hard when switching out weights for each exercise. Bands can move from exercise to exercise with speed and ease.
- Workout Anywhere. Bands are the smallest portable exercise device that can give you an awesome workout in less time. Bring them with you everywhere and sneak in an exercise at anytime!
- Beginner? No Problem! Exercises with bands are great for beginners and prevent injury that can be caused by excess weight. Bands allow you to move the way your body wants which cuts down on joint injury.
- Super Set It. Speed up your metabolism and your weight training routine by doing one set with weights and one set with bands. You’ll get a burn that can’t be matched by weight training alone.
If this article doesn’t make you want to get a set of resistance bands then you may have missed a part. Maximize your calorie burning, speed up your metabolism, and get the body you want with the help of resistance bands. You’ll thank us later.