Everyone needs to lose weight from time to time. Some just want to get leaner for the summer while others have bigger goals in mind. No matter what your weight loss goal, there are some key things you should be doing to ensure that your weight loss continues. If you’re not losing like you should, then maybe you’re missing one of these 10 things in your routine…..
- Take Your Vitamins – I know it’s tedious, but taking your vitamins helps to control cravings by giving your body all the nutrition it needs. Without your multivitamin you could be starving your body in other ways. This causes a chain reaction which tells your system to hold onto fat instead of getting rid of it.
- Water – Simple, I know, water keeps you full, gives you energy, and allows your body to heat up in a way that’s hot enough to literally “boil” the fat right out of your body. Without the ability to heat up you lose the effectiveness of fat loss. Philip Goglia’s book called “Turn Up The Heat,” outlines this in detail. You must have water to lose effectively.
- Change Your Workout– Avoid the plateau, keep you body guessing, and you will lose.
- Get Enough Sleep – Getting your “Beauty Rest” may be an old saying but it’s completely accurate. Your body release a hormone as you sleep that helps to control hunger, fat loss, and stabilize moods.
- Log Your Food – ALWAYS LOG your food intake. It’s the best way to be honest with yourself while trying to keep track of the things that could be sabotaging your diet.
- Carb Combination– Low carb, high carb, we’ve done it all. However, there should be a middle ground. Make sure your watching your carb intake, eat the majority of carbs during the day, eat complex carbs, and don’t forget to tailor them to your workouts.
- Take Your Calcium – Calcium isn’t just for your bones. It controls a vital hormone in the body that allows you to either gain or lose weight. Cortisol, could be your worst enemy or your best friend depending on your situation. In the weight loss world it’s most frequently your worst enemy. Taking calcium lowers this “stress” hormone which allows your body to lose fat. Without out your daily dose of this mineral, you cold be fighting an uphill battle.
- Set Mini Goals – No goals??? Then you’ve got a problem. You always need something to shoot for, even if it’s something small. Make a list and check it 3-4 times a week. Change your goals as you change.
- Sooth Your Body– finding ways to relax is just as important as changing the way you eat. Drinking warm liquids at night helps to sooth your body and fill the void of munching as your watch tv. Find your favorite way to relax and make time for it everyday.
- Plan Outdoor Activities – getting outdoors gives you vitamin D and an escape from the gym. Keep fitness fun and plan an outing with you and your friends.
Are you missing some of these??? Make sure you fill the void and hit weight loss from every aspect!