A lot of people have taken a stand against their soda habits. Others, have either given up or don’t care. If you haven’t put any thought into kicking your soda habit then you should reconsider. Soda not only breaks down the enamel on your teeth (never to return again), it also causes potassium problems. Low potassium levels (hypokalaemia) could lead to weak muscles, heart problems, vomiting, and diarrhea.
How to Kick Your Soda Habit Today:
- Take baby steps. If you drink four sodas per day, replace two with an alternative today.
- Make alternatives slowly. Start with diet soda, then switch to flavored water.
- Once you’ve gotten comfortable with this routine, replace your other sodas with an alternative.
- Still alive? Great! Now switch those diet sodas or flavored water to plain water. Don’t like plain water? Try adding fresh fruit to them.
- Experiment with other beverages like teas, milk, soy milk, and seltzer – the goal here is to hydrate mostly with plain water.
- Don’t keep soda in the house. Make it a treat to be enjoyed now and then (source).
If you have to have the occasional soda; it won’t hurt you. However consuming multiple sodas through out the day can have some lasting results. Diet sodas are not exempt! They may not have the calories, but they still affect your body. Change your ritual, and your body will thank you!
(CES, PES, CPT, BS)