When it’s hot and you don’t want to turn on the oven, the bbq is always there to save the day! This quick chicken breast and sweet potato recipe is simple, and has easy clean up! What more could you ask for. Follow these fitness cooking tips below to make a healthy, gluten free meal that’s packed with flavor, vitamins, and healthy resistant starches.
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Slice of bacon (optional)
- 1 Cup of Gluten Free BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup of honey (you can decrease this or water it down a bit to decrease carbs)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced into cubes
- 4 Sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Directions for Chicken Breast and Sweet Potatoes in Squares
- Preheat grill to medium – high heat. If you want moist chicken I suggest cooking them on lower heat.
- Cut foil into 12 x 12 squares. You will need 4, one for each chicken breast. It’s a good idea to double the foil to keep them study while transferring them and cooking them.
- Dived your cubed sweet potatoes into 4 even amounts.
- Next, place one portion of sweet potatoes on a foil square, then top with a sprig of rosemary.
- Place the chicken breast on top of the sweet potatoes.
Here are 3 versions. One with herb butter on top, one with bacon, and one plain.
- Add your salt and pepper.
After BBQ ing
Final BBQ Chicken Without Bacon
This recipe is an amazing way to mix up your normal healthy eating routine. Print this recipe.