People Magazine took a look inside the lives of some of the most respected celebrities to give you the inside information that will keep you informed and possibly even more motivated to be fit! Here are their 100 ways to get fit this summer.
1. Hayden Panettiere
Less (clothing) is more. “There are parts of my body that I don’t mind and parts that I can’t stand,” the actress admits. How she gets around it: bathing suits (“There’s nothing constricting the bad areas”) and “long, flowy summer dresses. You never feel fat.”
2. Is a tomboy. “I’ve always played a lot of sports—volleyball, softball, baseball. I was a gymnast for nine years.”
3. Walks with her dogs. When she’s not working, Panettiere takes daily strolls with her pets up the hill near her West Hollywood condo.
4. Jennifer Aniston
Is consistent. While filming Marley & Me in Miami, the actress has been working out for an hour a day on the hotel’s elliptical machine.
5. Makes workouts fun. Aniston does her cardio to her iPod.
6. Watches the cocktails. She’s fond of red wine and lychee martinis— but usually sticks to just one.
7. Eats fish. In Miami, a typical meal for Aniston has been three rolls of sushi or a fish entrée at Michael’s Genuine.
8. Hugh Jackman
His workouts consist of “interval strength training”—doing, say, a squat and a shoulder press at the same time.
9. ZAC EFRON
“I definitely love to stay active. If it gets me outside and gets me moving, then I love doing it.”
“I go through a phase where I just eat whatever. Then when I’m finally fed up, I stop and I’m back on my regimen. And it keeps going like that.”
11. “I do the elliptical for 30-40 minutes. I speed it up in between, then I come down, then I come up some more.”
12. “I hate vegetables but vegetables help. Carbs are my biggest enemy.”
13. “If I know I’m going on vacation, I’ll do Pilates for two weeks straight.”
14. Flaunts her assets. Her favorite body part? “My butt. It makes my clothes look good. It’s not a dress—it’s a dress! My butt perks up everything.”
A MODERATE APPROACH
Yes, these stars say: You can eat pizza and skip the gym.
15. Anne Hathaway
“When I’m working, I’m incredibly disciplined, because when you’re portraying someone else, your body isn’t your own. But when I’m not working, I think less about what I eat. For example, last night I had a club sandwich and two nights ago I had pizza. You’ve got to live!”
16. “I normally eat everything under the sun. But once a year for a month, I eat fruits, vegetables, nuts and lean fish, and I feel great.”
17. “Just have a little bit of something that you want. Don’t overdo it.”
18. The star’s trainer Joe Dowdell says three days of cardio a week “is healthy. You shouldn’t go to extremes.”
19 Penélope Cruz
Doesn’t obsess about working out. “She gets in, gets the work done, gets out,” says her trainer Gunnar Peterson.
20. Gets plenty of sleep. “I think she gets more than eight hours a night,” Peterson says. “She never comes into a workout sluggish or tired.”
21. Doesn’t believe in bad eating days. “If she eats fries, then she eats them and moves on to the next thing. It’s not a big deal,” Peterson says.
22. Keeps her body proportioned. “She has a butt—and the key for anyone with a butt is to do adequate shoulder work, to balance things out.”
23. Gwyneth Paltrow
Works out six days a week, doing dance aerobics for cardio.
24. Sets goals. For the upcoming Iron Man, “she wanted a Victoria’s Secret butt, like Gisele!” says her trainer Tracy Anderson.
25. Recently completed a five-day “live food” (raw and organic) fast from N.Y.C.’s Organic Avenue.
26. Katherine Heigl
Follows Harley Pasternak’s 5-Factor Diet, eating five small meals a day.
27. For exercise, works out with kettle balls twice a week.
28. Beyoncé Knowles
“She loves southern cooking,” says her rep, but when it’s time to trim down, “she packs up on the salads, grilled fish and chicken.”
29. David Beckham
“He is much more health conscious since moving to Los Angeles last year,” says a family friend. “He is training twice a day now.”
30. Kate Hudson
Favors salads for dinner and yogurt with honey for breakfast.
To Read the whole article…. visit people.com
(CES, PES, CPT, BS)