1. Front Dumbbell Raises
- Stand with two dumbbells over your thighs.
- Bend your arms slightly, while contracting your deltoids, and powerfully raise the dumbbells straight out in front of your body.
- Hold for one to two seconds then slowly lower back down to the bottom.
2. Reverse Dumbbell Flies
- Grab two dumbbells and bend over so that your torso is at a 45º angle while keeping your back straight.
- Powerfully raise both arms directly out to the side, squeeze your shoulder blades together at the top of the motion. Your arms should stay in-line with your chest.
- Hold the contraction for one to 2 seconds at the top and slowly return down to the bottom.
3. Dumbbell Shoulder Shrugs
- Stand with two dumbbells at your side.
- Tighten your core, draw back your shoulders, and powerfully shrug up into your neck.
- Squeeze the contraction for one to two seconds and slowly lower all the way down.
4. Lateral Raises
- Stand with two dumbbells.
- Keep your arms straight (with a slight bend in the elbow) and raise both dumbbells straight out to the side until they reach shoulder height. Your body should form a big “T.”
- Hold for one to two seconds at the top of the motion and slowly lower the weights back down.
5. Lunging Shoulder Press
- Hold a dumbbell with your left arm and lunge forward with your right leg. This is your base position, stay balanced and anchored.
- Maintain a tight core and powerfully lift the dumbbell overhead.
- Hold for one to two seconds and slowly lower it back down to your shoulder. Do a full set and repeat for the opposite side. Press from the down position at all times.