There is a definite difference between losing weight and losing fat. When you lose weight it can end up making you look tired, soft and saggy. When you lose fat your body looks toned, ,healthy, and young. Decreasing you body fat is the best way to show off your body’s natural curves and beauty. So here are 5 ways to jump start you fat loss and get you on the right track!
1. Count your steps! Not literally, of course, but by using a pedometer and recording how many steps you take each day. According to The Cooper Institute for Aerobic Research, 10,000 steps a day will get you started on the path to fat loss and cardiovascular health. Some good ways to add to your count? Take the stairs; ditch the email and walk over to the person sitting down the hall instead; or walk with a buddy at lunch. If you don’t have one already then click on th SHOP NOW button (in the left hand upper corner) to purchase one from the FIT TIP STORE!
2. Eat more. You’ve heard it before and we’ll say it again: plan to eat six small meals throughout your day to control your caloric intake. You’ll give your body more fuel to tackle those 10,000 steps!
3. Sleep More.Ok, cut out on the late night talk-show circuit tonight and hit the sack! Studies reveal that two hormones are responsible for your need to feed: ghrelin and leptin. Ghrelin tells your body it’s hungry, while leptin tells your body it’s full. When you don’t sleep, ghrelin thrives and so will your appetite, so tonight be sure to get your vitamin “zzzz.”
4. Lift Weights. The healthier your muscles are the more they will aid in your showdown against fat. Weight training boosts your metabolism and that, in turn, will melt fat and keep your body incinerating all day.
5. Fiber + Protein = Fat Loss. This twosome helps cut cravings by keeping you satisfied longer by breaking down food at a slower rate in your body. Before the day is through, whip up a protein shake, steam some leafy green veggies or pack dried fruit for your afternoon snack. Whatever it is, just make a point of doing it (source)!
These 5 things may seem simple, however, doing them all at once can seem overwhelming. Try doing as many as you can on a daily basis and work on adding the others in a little at a time. “Baby steps,” can get you everywhere you want to go over time!