Take it from me, there is a long list of things that clients do that ruins their results. Whether they know it or not, their success is our success. We rejoice with them when they lose and sympathise with them when they fail. If you don’t have a trainer already, these are the things they DON’T want you to do!
- Extend Your Cheat Day – depending on your trainer, you might get a cheat day. If you do, then cheating for more then one day per week is a HUGE “no, no.” This will ruin your results for the whole week which leads to frustration and hopelessness.
- Skip Your Supplements – While supplements aren’t all of your success, they do play a key role in getting your to your goal. They aid in fat loss, increase energy, protect you from disease, and help you recover from injury.
- Go To Bed Late – Sleep controls the hormones that allow people to lose weight. Without the right amount of sleep people don’t lose weight as readily and they don’t have the energy to keep up with their workouts and clean eating routines.
- Bindge on Sugar Free Treats – Diet soda, sugar free candy and desserts can be your worst enemy. While one diet soda a day is reasonable, many people reach for diet foods to fill a void. Sugar free foods lead to excess water retention, sugar cravings, and bloating. They are not your friend!
- LIE – As ridiculous as it may sound. We get lied to A LOT! It’s better to tell your trainer the truth about your diet and exercise. If you don’t then you could be in for a VERY hard workout. Lying leads to even stricter rules, new more challenging exercises and a possible change in your supplements. The trainer thinks that your existing routine isn’t working so they change it up and increase the intensity. You could have shot yourself in the foot with your Pinocchio complex!
It’s possible that you’re already doing some of these things with or without a trainer. If you are, then be your own best friend and get yourself to your goal faster with these fit tips!