Acai Berries are among the new “must have” foods to help you live longer, look better and age slower. This berry is so powerful that even Dr. Perricone lists it as one of his “Top 10 Super Foods!”
Studies have shown that the Acai berry is one of the more nutritious and powerful foods on the planet. Harvested in the rainforests of Brazil, Acai tastes like a mix of berries and chocolate. Hidden within its purple pigment is what makes it the perfect energy fruit. Acai is packed full of antioxidants, amino acids and essential fatty acids. You probably won’t find it in your local supermarket, but you may have better luck at health food stores, or from the many products springing up online.
The benefits of Acai are purported to be good for detoxing and maintaining optimal health for balancing your pH level. Proper pH balance is vital to our immune health and for disease prevention and correction. Other benefits you’ll enjoy:
– Acai has a high concentration of antioxidants that combat premature aging. It has 10 times the antioxidants that red grapes have, and as much as 30 times the anthocyanins of red wine. Anthocyanins may have antioxidant effects, possibly fighting cancer, diabetes, and bacterial infections, to name a few.
– Healthy monounsaturated fats, dietary fiber and phytosterols together help promote cardiovascular and digestive health.
– An amino acid complex in conjunction with valuable trace minerals, help with muscular health (source)
– Research concludes that there appear to be significant benefits to Acai
– On Dr. Perricone’s list of Super Foods
– Natural ingredients have disease-fighting qualities
– Increases energy
– Offers antioxidants and amino acids
– Good source of fiber
– Organic products available
– Many juices and other products available in major grocers
– Like other exotic products, Acai can be pricey
– Does not provide exercise instruction
Wow! Who would have thought that a little Berrie would contain so many good things. It seems as though you could almost live on acai berries. This is just one more reason why we should be saving the rain forests!