Egg salad is known for using loads of mayonaise. In this recipe for Paleo avocado egg salad, you can toss out the Best Foods and bring in the all natural fats! With 4 ingrediants and minimal time, you can have a double batch of this whipped up in no time. Use it on rice cakes, as a filling low carb snack, as a garnish on healthy salads, or just as a way to keep your hunger at bay! If you find yourself getting the sugar blues later in the day, it’s time to add in healthy fats and wash out the excess sugars!
Ingredients for Paleo and Bulletproof Avocado Egg Salad
3 avocados – ripe
1 dozen hard boiled eggs
1 teaspoon of salt
3 teaspoons of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
Instructions for Bulletproof Avocado Egg Salad
- Boil water over high heat then slowly drop in the pastured eggs.
- Allow to cook for 12 mins then turn heat off and let the eggs rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pot and rinse with cool water. Allow to cool completely. Then peel and rinse your hard boiled eggs.
- Next pit your avocados and place the insides in a bowl with salt and apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice).
- Mash the avocado ( I used a potato masher), until you get a somewhat smooth texture.
- Chop cooled eggs then mix into avocado mixture.
- Serve and store the rest for later.
How to keep your avocado from browning:
1.) If you used lemon juice in this recipe then you should be all set. Just make sure to mix it once in a while to keep the lemon juice evenly distributed.
2.) Onions – Chop an onion in quarters and place it on top of your avocado egg salad (if you used the apple cider vinegar recipe like me). The onion will keep your avocado from browning.
Use this easy, filling, and low carb recipes for avocado egg salad to keep your hunger at bay and the weight away!