Essential oils have made a recent come back. These ancient oils are working their way back into the lives of many Americans and companies are raking in the dough for this “trend” in health. For that reason, it’s even more important to know what you’re buying, where it comes from, and what it contains. The benefits of Frankincense oil is endless, that’s why it’s one of my top 5 picks for essential oils. Recently, I have been using it for stress and healing, but it has a variety of amazing uses! For thousands of years, frankincense has been recorded in history in important sources such as the bible and multiple cultures around the world.
Where does Frankincense come from?
Much like the essential oil Mhyrr it comes form the sap of an ancient tree. The Boswellia carterii or Boswellia sacara tree that’s native to Somalia. The tree is cut, the sap emerges, dries, and the oil is extracted using a steaming process. That’s why a lot of images will show pieces of solid frankincense in it’s natural golden state.
The name “franc encens” which means “quality incense” in French, and his been hailed as a gift fit for a king in the times of the bible, since it was recorded as a gift to baby Jesus.
Benefits of Frankincense Essential Oil
- Helps to reduce stress and Negativity – Inhaling this oil throughout the day has been shown to decrease heart rate and blood pressure. It’s a wonderful alternative to over the counter medications and prescriptions. Use a diffusor, or pour a couple drops in the palms of your hands then smell it throughout the day.
- Protect your body and Boost your Immune Response – Studies have shown that frankincense can help to prevent disease, protect the body from viruses, and ward off infection due to bacteria. Since it’s a natural antibacterial agent, it can be used in toothpastes and mouth wash. It’s also a natural way to disinfect your home, office, and all other environments.
- Fight Cancer – Reports have shown that frankincense can slow and prevent certain types of cancer cells from forming.
- Decrease Inflamation Naturally – I’ve been using this on my bad knee at night before bed. It was part of a joint recipe I found online. While I had my reservations as to whether it would work or not, it’s been a great way to reduce inflamation and pain without over the counter pills. In recent studies, it’s been noted that it also helps with asthma, arthritis, prevention of cartilage breakdown, and even IBS.
- Calm Yourself to Sleep – The benefits of Frankincense oil does more then protect you, it also helps to bring your body back to a calming, relaxing state to help you fall asleep naturally. Its earthy smell gives off a grounding aroma to help soothe the system, relax the mind, and help you breath better. Breath it in at night by rubbing a small amount on your chest, or using an diffusor while you sleep.
- Bring Your Sexy Back – Heal nagging scars, while protecting skin from unwanted bacteria that causes blemishes and acne. It also combats aging by strengthening the elasticity and overall tone of the skin.
Fitness Tips – My Night Joint and Inflamation Oil Serum
Mix up a batch of this healing oil and rub it on inflamed areas of your body for muscle tension, joint swelling, irritation, tendonitis and other common ailments.
In a tinted dropper bottle (4 ounces) fill it 1/2 full of a carrying oil such as Jojoba oil.
20 drops of Magnesium Oil
10 drops of Frankincense oil
10 drops of Mhyrr
10 drops of Lemon Grass
10 drops of Mint Oil
*If you don’t have all of these available or you are cutting costs, you can remove the mint and the lemon grass.
Pour a small amount into your hands, the size of a nickel. Rub it into the affected area well. Allow it to soak into the skin and absorb.
Night Acne, and Scar Formula
Apply to a clean dry face.
2 – 3 drops of Frankincense
2- 3 drops of Mhyrr
2 – 3 drops of Lavender Oil
Mix these onto the palm of your hand, then use them as a spot treatment for any areas that have discoloring, scaring, or inflamation. Allow it to absorb into the skin. Avoid contact with the eyes.
These formulas continue to do wonderful things for me daily. The benefits of frankincense is nothing short of mystifying. If you’re new to essential oils, add this to your list and keep it on hand.