This is by far one of my favorite recipes to give my cauliflower a little spice and a lot of flavor. I ran across it while shopping the deli section at Erewhon. The spicy zing of cayenne pepper with the smokey goodness of paprika give this recipe for buffalo cauliflower the familiar flavor of chicken wings without all the extra fat and breading.
Benefits of Cauliflower
- Fights Cancer
- Heart Health
- It’s an Anti- Inflammatory
- High in Vitamins and Minerals
- Boosts Brain Health
- Benefits the Digestive System
- Tons of Antioxidants and Phytonutrients (source)
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of melted ghee (clarified butter) – optional
- 3 tablespoons of water
Directions for Buffalo Cauliflower:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
Remove from oven and turn the cauliflower. Place back in the oven for another 8 minutes.
While the cauliflower is baking, mix the spices as well as the 2 tablespoons of melted ghee and 3 tablespoons of water. Mix well. If it isn’t combined well you will have inconsistent flavors.
After the cauliflower has been removed from the over, toss cauliflower in the spice mixture and coat evenly. Serve warm.
Use this as a great replacement for chicken wings on game days and as an appetizer for any occasion.