I found this article for “Diet Soda Cake.” At first I was appalled. Then, I was intrigued to find out it had very low calories and almost NO FAT! Originally, this was a recipe developed by Weight Watchers. So if you are counting points, one slice equals 4 points and 180 calories. Not bad for a piece of cake!
Three simple ingredients:
- 1 (18 ounce) box dry cake mix (any flavor)
- 10 ounces diet soda (any flavor)
- 1-2 egg white (slightly beaten, optional but cake stays together better and is fluffier)
- Mix the dry cake mix, the diet soda, and the egg white(s) until well blended.
- Pour into a 9 X 13 sprayed pan or prepared cupcake tins.
- Cook according to the directions on cake mix box.
- Slice into 12 pieces and dust the top with confectionary sugar. – 4 points per slice.
- Suggested Combinations: * yellow cake mix / diet lemon-lime soda (with a dollop of Cool Whip — tastes like a “Twinkie”) * orange cake / diet Mountain Dew * cherry chip cake / diet cream soda * diet lemon-lime soda / lemon cake * angel or yellow cake / diet orange * white cake / diet peach soda * spice cake / diet lemon-lime * diet ginger ale / white cake * diet cherry soda / chocolate cake * Diet cola / devils food or chocolate mix * diet vanilla coke / chocolate cake * devils food cake / diet Vanilla coke * diet root beer / chocolate cake * diet cherry coke / chocolate cake * marble cake / diet cream soda * lemon cake / tangerine Diet Rite (credit)
Keep in mind that these points DO NOT include the frosting. Try finding a recipe for frosting that uses egg whites and possibly splenda as your sweetener.