This recipes was highly recommended by our friends at “Girl Get Strong.” Usually creamy sauces while on a diet aren’t recommended. However, this low fat recipes is packed full of great food choices! If you would like to find more great recipes by Jillian, check out her book “Losing It!”
- 2 cups 100% whole-wheat (or whole-grain) penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup organic fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, whites only, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cups fresh dill weed, finely chopped (or 2 tbsp dried)
1. In a large saucepan, cook the pasta according to package directions. Add the asparagus for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, and salt.
3. Add the egg whites, tomatoes, onions, and dill; toss gently to coat.
4. Drain the pasta and asparagus. Add to bowl and toss gently to mix. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 2 servings. (Source)