Fast, easy, comforting, and low carb! This amazing recipe for crockpot chicken fajita rice bowls allows you to get all the warmth of winter without packing on the weight! Throw the ingredients in before going to work. When you return you’ll have a fully cooked meal! Top with you avocado, cilantro, and sour cream and you’re set!
- 1 lb. uncooked chicken breast, cut and cubed
- 1 cup of uncooked brown rice
- 1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce
- 1 4 ounce can of chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1/2 cup of chicken bone broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup of pico de gallo
- Cilantro (as garnish and flavor at time of serving)
- OPTIONAL – 1 c. non-fat plain Greek yogurt or light sour cream (I choose a non dairy version such as Tofutti)
Directions for Making Crockpot Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls
Grease your crock pot lightly with XCT oil or spray olive oil. Add in your chicken breast, rice, enchilada sauce, chilis, bone broth, onions, cumin and salt. Stir ingredients together to combine and cook on low for 5 – 6 hours. You can also choose to cook on high for 3-4 hours. When complete, serve this low carb recipe with pico de gallo, cilantro, sour cream (optional) and avocado (optional)
Crockpot Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls – Makes 4 Servings
Feel free to add this recipe over a bed of romaine to fill to add more bulk to the meal.
If you love this recipe, feel free to print it and share it with your friends and family.
Don’t forget to register to get a notification when we release our new book this week! Join the challenge and drop those unwanted inches with our Body Burn Quick Start meal plans and exercise routines.