Are you fighting the Diabetic epidemic? Most people don’t think about their health until it’s too late. Diabetes is plaguing so many people today that they are showing advertisements on tv about different blood sugar meters. This must mean that America is REALLY sick!
- Get as close to your ideal weight as possible. Carrying extra pounds poses a huge risk when it comes to developing diabetes. More than 80 percent of people with type 2 diabetes are overweight.
- Include regular exercise in your schedule. Not only will exercising keep your weight down, but it also strengthens your immune system. Working out regularly, at least four hours a week, can significantly lower your risk for diabetes.
- Watch those hot dogs and cheese. A diet high in saturated fat can raise the LDL (bad) levels of cholesterol in your body. This can lead to heart disease and also affect blood sugar levels for some people. So limit the animal products you consume
4. Don’t overeat on a regular basis. Indulging in a few extra bites here and there is totally fine. The problem is when you consistently eat more calories each day than you burn, causing extra pounds to tack on. So be mindful of how many calories you’re consuming.
5. Fiber, fiber, and more fiber. Not only does eating enough fiber keep your digestive system happy, but consistently eating enough has also been linked to a lower risk of type 2 diabetes. Fiber helps regulate blood sugar levels. Women should aim for 25 to 30 grams of fiber a day. (source)
Staying fit and healthy isn’t just about how you look in the mirror. You have to be healthy from the inside out!
(CES, PES, CPT, BS)