If you are looking for a quick recipe that you can set and forget, then print this recipe! I altered it a bit due to some reviews and I also think the cooking time should be changed. It’s low carb, paleo, gluten free, and cheap! How could you possibly go wrong!!
This is what one of the reviews said about this recipe!
This is a nice, simple way to prepare chicken in the crock pot, but it tastes like you put a lot of work into it!
Ingredients for Crock Pot Chicken – Garlic Rosemary Chicken
- 1 1/2 lbs of chicken breasts
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of butter ( I used 1/ 3 cup of olive oil butter substitute that was vegan)
- 1 / 2 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary ( I used italian seasoning instead)
- Parsley Flakes
- Onions (optional)
Directions For Crock Pot Chicken
- Place the butter or butter substitute with garlic in a bowl. Place in the microwave or in a pan and blend util butter is soft and mixed with garlic
- Chop onions and place on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Roll Chicken in butter, garlic mixture and place in crock pot.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, parsley flakes, and rosemary (or italian seasoning)
- Add broth to the bowl with remaining garlic -butter. Reheat the butter mixture again if it’s begun to solidify. Blend the broth with the butter mixture and add to crock pot.
- Cook on low setting for 6 -8 hours
- Serving Size is about half a chicken breast and a small amount of sauce (crock pot chicken source)
Fitness Tips: You can lighted the recipe by reducing the butter. The olive oil spread (butter flavor) is also a healthier option since it’s derived from omega fats.
As you can see, this recipe uses very few ingredients and needs little to no attention. Since chicken tends to get dry quickly, I would check to see if it’s done at 6 hours. Then watch it after that to make sure it doesn’t dry out. This recipe is great for people who don’t have a lot of time to cook but still love to have that warm home cooked meal when they get home.
Trainer Tip: You can make this recipe for then shred the extra chicken for the salads, chicken tacos, or soup for the rest of the week!
Share this recipe and print it out using the “share” link on the this article !
Leave a Reply