Low Carb recipes for your night time meals are hard to come by. Whether you trying to shed some excess weight or get rid of your carb loving tummy; low carb night time meals are the way to go! Try this great recipe I found on “Fit Sugar.com.”
Creamy Zucchini Boats
Modified from a Cooking Light recipe
1 cup tightly packed basil leaves
1/4 cup loosely packed parsley
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup (4 oz.) fat free ricotta cheese
1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp hot water
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Wash each zucchini thoroughly. Cut off the ends and then cut each one in half. Then cut each half lengthwise so you have 12 pieces of zucchini total.
- With a spoon, scoop out the seeds and compost them, or use them to make soup broth. Place the zucchini boats on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Now you’re ready to make the filling. Chop the basil and the parsley and place it in a bowl with the garlic, grated carrot, ricotta, Parmesan, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix it thoroughly.
- Now fill each boat with the creamy mixture, pressing it down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
I will be trying this recipe tomorrow night FOR SURE! If you are looking to shed your extra weight from the holidays then make sure you limit your carbs at night. You will look better in a matter of days.
(CES, PES, CPT, BS)
Emely Vidrine says