Everyone wants to be healthy. They start off with an amazing green drink recipe, they make it day after day, add new ingredients and buying special fancy equipment. Then, life catches up with them. Their greens go bad in the fridge and begin to become slimy (ICK). What’s worse, they don’t have time to get more! Defeated they reach for the horrible breakfast options that are high in carbs and low in protein. Sound familiar ??? If this is you occasionally, then it’s time to stop wasting good money on food that’s rotting away in your fridge! Use these fitness tips to help you make the most of your green drink recipes and stay on track! SO, what’s our magical solution? Do the majority of your mixing, blending 2 – 4 weeks in advance! Take the fresh ingredients in your green drink and pre blend them! You won’t have pull half as many ingredients out of the fridge in the morning and you won’t have to worry about how fast your greens will spoil if you have a bad week!
What You Will Need to Make Green Drink Ice Cubes
- Blender or food processor.
- Ice cube tray OR muffin tin
- Freezer Bags (optional) or containers that can be frozen (use BPA free containers if possible)
- Filtered water
- Anything else you want to add to your green drink ice cubes
Directions on How to make Green Drink Ice Cubes
* Fill your blender with your “power greens” – this is a mix I buy at sprouts and Trader Jos
- Add 1/4 cup of water
- Blend until somewhat smooth – they don’t have to be completely smooth because you will blend them a second time when you make your green drinks.
- Add any other staples you like! I use frozen bananas in mine also. Just make sure you know how much is in each cube so you don’t over do it with excess bananas or sweeteners.
- Add the mixture to ice cube trays or muffin tins
- Allow the mixture to freeze then transfer them into a freezer bag of freezable container
Trainer Tips – If you are doing multiple batches then make a huge bowl of green drink. Transfer it into containers into the fridge then keep freezing the batch until all of it has been transformed into awesome green drink ice cubes!
MUST READ !!! It’s important to remember that these cubes are concentrated and do not have the same amount of water you would usually have. You MUST add some water to allow them to blend !
If you love this awesome fitness tip on how to maximize your time, stay healthy, save money, and create less waste; Pass on the fitness info and help others stay on track with their fitness goals! Green drink ice cubes are an amazing way to stay healthy from the inside out! “We love helping you, one tip at a time.” Adria