Eating the right kind of pasta can make a world of difference in your figure if you know some key points.
- Always pair your pasta with protein
- Never use creamy, high fat sauces (such as Alfredo)
- Portion control is a MUST! Try to limit your intake to 1 cup cooked
- Avoid white pastas and opt for whole wheat or brown rice pastas
- Eat high concentrations of carbs during the daylight hours when you are the busiest. This way you have time to use and process them instead of storing them.
This is my own personal recipe for pasta salad. Here’s what you will need
- Trader Joe’s poppy seed dressing
- Trader Joe’s Brown Rice Pasta
- 1 Can of chopped Olives
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 Tomatoes
Boil water and add salt. Cook pasta until it’s al dente. Drain pasta and throw it in the freezer or fridge to chill. Chop cucumbers and tomatoes. Combine pasta veggies, and 1/4 cup of dressing. Mix and chill. If you prefer a sweeter taste then simply add more dressing.
This easy recipe can also be combined with chicken for a more rounded meal. Keep in mind that this is a “Guilt Free” salad mostly for the fact that brown rice pasta is a “slow processing” complex carb. Complex carbs release blood sugar in a decreased manner which allows the body to use them more efficiently and prevent them from storing as fat. Print this article below and save it for the hot months ahead!