If you’re a health buff but you are tired of eating the same old egg whites in the morning then try these great ideas from Muscle and Fitness For Her. These can keep you eating healthy with some much need variety!
- Mix the whites into oatmeal or Cream of Wheat. Add cinnamon and Splenda for more flavor.
- Place eggs in a small corn , top with 1 ounce low-fat shredded cheese and 1⁄3 cup of your favorite salsa.
- Before cooking, mix egg whites with 1 Tbsp. blue cheese and 1⁄3 cup chopped spinach leaves. Microwave two minutes
- Place whites into a whole-wheat pita pocket with 1 ounce shredded low-fat Monterey jack cheese and 1⁄3 cup cooked vegetarian refried beans. Add shredded chicken for more protein
- Hollow out a toasted onionor bialy bagel, then replace filling with cooked egg whites.
- Create healthy Sloppy Joes for four. Sauté 1 cup chopped onions over medium heat until transparent. Add 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey or beef; cook about five minutes. Add egg whites and cook until hard, about three minutes. Serve over spinach or atop a whole-wheat English muffin.
- Sauté 1 cup stir-fry vegetables in 1⁄2 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heatuntil vegetables are tender, about two minutes. Add cooked egg whites and cook one minute. Remove from heat onto serving plate and drizzle 1⁄2 Tbsp. low- sodium teriyaki sauce over egg and vegetable mixture (source)
Breakfast sets the tone for your whole day. If you eat bad food at the start of the day then you are more likely to continue that pattern of eating for the remainder. Eating high sugar, low protein foods at this time of day can send you reaching for sweet, high carb foods all day long. Plan for success and the pounds will melt away.
(CES, PES, CPT, BS)