The weekend is here and it’s time to stay focused on your fitness goals!!! Most people assume that the weekend is a “free for all.” However, cheating over the weekend can keep your fitness result stagnant. It’s one of the most frustrating things… to workout hard all week; only to ruin it with your weekend food choices. If you want real results, that are consistent, then make your weekend work for you, not against you!
Use this basic tilapia recipe with other types of fish. Try it with halibut, flounder, sole, striped bass or even, shellfish. And consider using lime juice instead of lemon.
- 1 sprays cooking spray
- 20 oz raw tilapia, four 5 oz fillets
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp garlic herb seasoning, salt-free
- Preheat broiler. Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of fish with salt and pepper.
- Transfer fish to prepared pan and drizzle with lemon juice; sprinkle garlic herb seasoning over top.
- Broil until fish is fork-tender, about 5 minutes. Yields 1 fillet per serving.
Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 sprays cooking spray
- 4 large egg white(s)
- 1/2 cup scallion(s), chopped, green and white parts
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 12 oz uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup carrot(s), diced
- 2 cup cooked brown rice, regular or instant, kept hot
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add egg whites and cook, until scrambled, stirring frequently, about 3 to 5 minutes; remove from pan and set aside.
- Offheat, recoat skillet with cooking spray and place back over medium-high heat. Add scallions and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add chicken and carrots; sauté until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in reserved cooked egg whites, cooked brown rice, peas and soy sauce; cook until heated through, stirring once or twice, about 1 minute. Yields about 1 cup per serving
Leave a Reply