Finding great tasting, low carb recipe can be a challenge but this white wine, portabello, chicken recipe is simple, cheap and paleo! Not to mention that the wine enhances the flavors and give you a high end taste that usually isn’t associate with lean cooking.
INGREDIENTS FOR Low Carb, Paleo Chicken Marsala
- 4 free range organic chicken breast fillets, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 cups, portobello mushrooms, rinsed, drained and sliced
- 1 cup organic marsala wine – not cooking wine ( it has too much salt)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, without stems
- 1 Sweet onion, Small, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- Cracked pepper to taste – fresh is preferred
- Turkey Bacon (Optional)
1. Turn the oven to 375 degrees
2. Put the chicken breasts in baking dish and cover with mushrooms. You may want to spray the dish with a light coating of olive oil.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine wine, 3 tbsp extra virgin oil, red wine vinegar, and rosemary.
4. Saute onion and garlic with 1 tbsp extra olive oil in shallow pan until onions are tender. Add optional Turkey Bacon and cook to a slight crisp.
5. Evenly spread the onions and garlic over chicken and mushrooms.
6. Pour liquid mixture over chicken making sure all pieces are well coated.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
This recipe is SUPE SIMPLE and can be altered easily. If you want to cut down on the fat, try reducing some of the olive oil. I think you could probably get away with using 2 tablespoons and some random sprays of olive oil. Print this out and add it to your healthy cook book. If you don’t have one then now might be the time to start one!! If you love this low carb recipe, share the fitness love and pass it on. Health should be shared by all!