It’s Monday and everyone seems to be carrying around an extra 3 -7 pounds of water weight due to their crazy weekend antics. It’s time to get back on track, ditch the over processed starchy carbs and go paleo for a day or 3. This low carb recipe is sure to satisfy you cravings while keeping you on track!
Low Carb Recipe – Paleo Butternut Squash Cakes
1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped. If you want to cut down on prep time then buy them already cut up at Trader Joe’s or Sprouts.
1 Tbsp Chives
1 Tbsp onion powder
½ cup red onion, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh sage, chopped (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
coconut oil or olive oil
- Steam the butternut squash until they turn soft
- Once tender mash squash into a pulp
- Season the mashed pulp with onion powder, salt and pepper
- Add Sage, red onion and chives.
- Preheat skillet on medium with coconut oil. You could also use spray coconut oil or spray olive oil to cut down on fat.
- Ladle mixture into pancake shapes and cook until brown and crispy on both sides
Trainer Tip: Need more protein ??? Try adding a little bit of egg whites to this mixture. Get creative
Keep checking back in with us every monday for low carb recipes made the Paleo way! If you have some great recipes of your own write in and let us know, sharing is caring 😉