I saw the commercial for this Zero Water Filter system and I was immediately engaged. I’m sure you saw it too? They pour red dye into the water and the filter clears it out in an instant. If it can take out a liquid color made if tiny particles, what else could it remove? To make it even better they GIVE you a water testing system so you can check as you go!
Watch Our Vine Video
So I fell for the awesome commercial and bough the Zero Water Filter system. Opened it up and set it up in an instant (very easy). I tested my tap water FIRST. It has a whopping 253 (more then even the worst image on the box that had a reading of 128, EEK). After filtering water I checked again and it was down to a 53 TDS. I emptied the glass, wiped it clean, then tested again (residue from soap and the dish washer can increase the reading). It read 13 TDS and I was satisfied with my purchase. However, after using the device for a week I decided to put together a pros and cons review of the zero water filter for people who may be considering it. You MUST read it before you decide to buy!!!
PROS of Zero Water Filter
- Easy assembly
- Better designed pitcher then competitors. Pouring is easy and doesn’t spill all over you if there is still water in the filtering process
- Water tastes clean. I will have to admit that my other filter left me wondering because the taste of the water wasn’t as clean as bottled water.
- Easy water bottle dispenser spout allows you to fill a cup or container directly from the fridge.
- Meets FDA standards for TDS
- 5 filtration stages for EXTRA filtered water
- Removes chlorine (other common filters don’t)
- Comes with some coupons for your next filter purchase
- Filtration reads lower then purified water from bottled water.
CONS of Zero Water Filter
- Slightly more expensive then other filter systems
- Only includes one filter with purchase
The awesome water bottle spout LEAKS!
After using this, loving this and posting it on the site, I am sad to say that I have to return it 🙁 I love the great filtering process, the water tastes great BUT the spout leaks all over the fridge! I tried sveral things to get it to stop but it’s impossible. I will now be looking for another version of the Zero Water Filter without the spout on the bottom of the pitcher (if those exist).
CPT, CES, PES, BS