We live in a fast paced world where life doesn’t slow down. With the change in the way we live came new and inventive creations. Along with it, one of the most used inventions is the microwave. Most people use their microwave without batting an eye. Things like defrosting foods, cooking rice, reheating meals, popping popcorn and even cooking vegetables are among some of the most predominant uses. However, few people actually perceive this convenient tool as a threat to their health.
HOW IT WORKS
Microwaves are just that, they pass waves through the food which interacts with molecules. The waves speed up the rate of the molecules causing them to move and heat up.
WHY IS IT A DANGER
In 1976, Russia actually banned the use of microwaves. However, here in the U.S. there was no such ban. On the contrary, we use them in place of the stove and oven whenever possible.
If waves are passing through our food, what makes us think that they aren’t passing through us??? Eating your food piping hot is even worse. This means the waves are still active and passing through our own tissues as we race to finish so we can move onto our next task. Could these waves be the cause of our ever growing cancer risks?
Even more important are the nutrients our bodies crave to keep us alive and well. Heating certain food actually depletes important nutrients and digestive enzymes that help to break the food down.
Microwaves deplete our food in these ways…
- Reduces B-12 : This vitamin helps our body receive oxygen through red blood cells which prevents anemia, and promotes a healthy nervous system.
- Decreases Flavonoids By 97%! : Flavonoids decrease inflammation, have anti-cancer properties, and anti-microbial properties.
- Breaks Down Bacterias Essential To Digestion: Usually bacteria is a bad thing. In this case these bacteria help our bodies to breakdown and digest foods. This leads to constipation, acid reflux, and possibly colon disorders.
- Decreases Sinapic Acid : These acids seek out free radicals (a cause of cancer) neutralize it and prevent it from harming the body.
- Decreases Antibodies In Mother’s Milk : Heating up your breast milk in the microwave could put your child at risk. The antibodies in the milk help to ward off disease and keep the baby healthy.
Minimize Your Dangers
Obviously, in our day to day life we can’t omit the microwave but we can change the way we use it
- Don’t microwave in plastics – chemicals leach into your foods
- Avoid cooking vegetables using the microwave. This way you will get all the nutrients you can.
- Heat waters for your beverages on the stove top.
- Use a convection oven verses a microwave to reduce risks and lessen heating time.
What you do today has the ability to affect your tomorrow. Make sure that YOUR tomorrow is bright, sunny, and void of disease.