Lemongrass is one of my all-time favorite flavors. However, it can be expensive and hard to duplicate unless you are eating out…. UNTIL NOW! I found this amazing sauce packet that allows you to create a quick, healthy meal in under 20 minutes. You can get all the flavor of eating out while still on a budget! It’s gluten free, low carb and can also be made paleo.
Lemon Grass and Basil Chicken Recipe
1lb of chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
2 tablespoons of MCT oil
Coconut Milk (additional option)
1 package of Saffron Road Lemongrass Basil Sauce
1 cup of cooked while or brown rice (optional)
Additional vegetables such as broccoli or zucchini (optional)
Directions for Lemongrass Chicken
- Heat a pan to medium heat. Add MCT oil (or any other oils you’d like)
- Lightly brown chicken on medium low heat. Cook until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Add sauce packet and allow chicken to simmer and absorb sauce for an additional 10 -15 minutes on low heat.
- To stretch sauce add 1/4 – 1/2 cup of coconut milk to sauce mixture. Be careful you don’t add too much, this will make your sauce too thin.
- Pour sauce and chicken over your favorite vegetables or rice. You can even do both if you’d like!
Fitness Tips : For a more filling meal, add extra vegetables and coconut milk. You can keep this dish paleo and low carb by omitting the rice and increase your veggies and healthy fats.
This recipe for Lemon Grass chicken is so simple a child could make it! So, bring your kids into the kitchen and get them started young! Then print it out using our links above, to save for weeks when you’re on the go!