In a previous article I let you in on a fast way to slim down and get rid of excess water weight. Jillian’s dandelion detox drink has become a big hit on the site so I thought I would do a recap with some clarification on the recipe. This is an awesome way to beat the bloat that comes with holiday treats, excessive eating (most will do it at least twice this season), and plain ol’ water weight.
Jillian Michaels’ Dandelion Recipe
Mix 60 oz of water with:
- 2 Tablespoons of Cranberry Juice (no sugar added, not from concentrate)
- 1Tablspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teabag of dandelion root tea
- Sweetener if desired.
Use a pitcher and store the mixture in the fridge. You DO NOT have to steep the dandelion tea, you can put it in cold water and let it sit in the mixture.
Consume the whole batch everyday for 5 days.
- Your weight loss will be based upon how much excess water weight you have been carrying around. Everyone is different.
- YES we know that the dandelion tea is bitter. If it is too bitter for you add more lemon to take away that bitter taste and consider adding more sweetener. We recommend a no calorie or low calorie option.
- Stores like Wholefoods and Sprouts are the best place to find the Dandelion Root Tea bags.