Breakfast gets boring, eating healthy gets even more boring! In efforts to add a little variety to the day and my meals I came up with a low carb, low calorie breakfast meal. It’s packed full of protein and its just the right amount of carbohydrates to start your day off right!
- Traders Joe’s Uncured Turkey Bacon
- 1 small carton of southwest egg beater or reg egg beaters
- Reduced fat cheese
- 2 logs of reduced fat crescent rolls
- (this makes a big batch for the week)
- Cook egg substitute on stove top. If you use the southwest style you might need to drain and pat them dry due to extra water in the onions and peppers. Set to the side to cool.
- Crisp bacon in a pan on stove top and set to the side to cool as well.
- Crack open the logs of pre-made, reduced fat crescent rolls. Since the rolls come in triangles and they are small, put 2 of them together to form a square. Make sure the 2 rolls over lap in the middle so they don’t fall apart.
- Put bacon, then eggs and a dash of reduced fat cheese on top of your overlapping dough.
- Fold eack corner across to wrap them into a little bun (forget trying to make them into crescent rolls).
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
Set to the side to cool. For daily meals, wrap your cooled buns into wax paper and then into ziplock bags. These can be placed in the fridge and be eaten all week 🙂
This recipe can be made in bulk. Each bun can be reheated and it costs a fraction of the price of pre prepared breakfast bowls and sandwiches. The total fat is less then 10 grams and the carbs are 24 grams. As a whole, one bun is 245 calories. Making this low calorie breakfast ahead of time allows you to reheat them and run out of the door while still eating healthy! Share this fitness tip with your friends and family to keep you and them healthy all year long!