This recipe for paleo brownies can be made in one sauce pan, then popped in the oven and baked! Easy clean up, and only 29 minutes to knock out the chocolate cravings! It’s perfect for the times when you need a sugar fix but don’t want to sabotage you low carb, healthy eating plan. It’s gluten free, dairy free (if you choose the right chocolates) and bulletproof.
Yields: 9 servings
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 24 mins
Total Time: 29 mins
*Substitute 1 teaspoon of Stevia Liquid Concentrate for 1/4 cup of honey in the recipe. Other sweetener options listed below.
10 minPrep Time
23 minCook Time
33 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I use the Ghirardelli brand)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (organic)
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup honey (or other sweeter of your choice - see conversion chart)
- 2 eggs, room temperature - pastured
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (Arrowhead Mills)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional, but adds a punch to the recipe)
- Set the oven to preheat at 350. Then line a 9 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Spay with coconut oil or non stick spray. Set the pan aside.
- Combine cocoa powder, coconut oil, and unsweetened chocolate in a medium sauce pan and heat over medium heat. As the pan heats up, whisk the ingredients until no lumps remain.
- Remove from heat and add in your choice of sweetener. If you are using honey, this will make your mixture a thicker texture.
- Allow the mixture to cool a little then add your room temperature eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Next, add in coconut flour, espresso powder, and salt. Mix until combines well.
- Pour the mix into the pan you prepared earlier, and bake for 20 - 24 minutes.
Store in the fridge after the first day to keep fresh.
Sweetener Conversion Chart
If you aren’t using honey in this recipe you can choose from the sweetener conversions options in the chart below. This helps to transform this recipe for any food allergies or diet modifications.
Join us every Monday for delicious low carb recipes to add to your healthy eating lifestyle. If you love this recipe for paleo brownies, use the print option above to add it to you collection.