Fish is a great way to get your body back on track because it digests quickly and it’s low fat. This low carb recipe is simple, cheap, quick, and easy. You can make this baked fish taste like fried fish with a couple little fitness tips. You don’t have to go without the foods you love, you just need the right recipes! You can change this recipe to also be Vegan using our additional alterations below.
Ingredients for low carb baked fish with parmesan crust
* 6 ounces of Cod or any other white fish (defrosted)
* Gluten Free bread crumbs – the lighter the better!
* Parmesan (optional), you can also use the Diaya parmesan if you are vegan
* Butter or Earth Balance butter flavor olive oil spread (vegan)
* Green Onions
* 1/2 teaspoon(s) Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce (optional)
* 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice freshly squeezed (approx. 1/2 lemon)
* 3 tablespoons of Mayonnaise or Veganaise
* 1 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
* Spray Olive Oli – this will keep the dish lower in fat.
* 2 tablespoon(s) fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking dish for the fillets with olive oil.
- In medium bowl, mix together the cheese, breadcrumbs, butter, mayonnaise, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside until needed.
- Make sure the fish is free of moisture. Pat dry with paper towels, this keep the fish from making the bread coating mushy; season generously with salt and pepper. Place fish on the oiled pan.
- Coat the fish with roughly 3 tablespoons of the cheese mixture over each fillet.
- Place in the oven and bake until bubbly and almost cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Temperature should be approximately 125-130° when tested at thickest part of fillet with meat thermometer.
- Once the fish is cooked through, use the broiler to crisp the coating for 2 to 3 minutes to brown and crisp the tops. When done, the fish should flake easily with a fork.
- Remove from oven, garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Fitness Tips: Using the broiler at the end of cooking a dish allows you to crisp dishes that are low fat without added extra oils and fried fats.
This is a great recipe to have on hand when you are trying to make healthy meals on the go. It’s also a great dish for entertaining and it goes well on salads. Keep in mind that you cold double or triple this low carb recipe, then freeze them for later! It’s a great way to make fast food that’s still healthy!