Fish has the ability to digest much faster then other sources of protein. That’s why it’s one of the top foods for bodybuilders and fitness models. This quick process allows the body to pull what it needs without bloating, gas, and additional time in the intestinal tract, allowing the stomach to stay flatter and the body to stay energized. Use this amazing low carb recipe for avocado salmon to get lean on this fast digesting protein.
Ingredients for Avocado Salmon
- 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon or use olive oil spray
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
For the Avocado Salsa
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- The juice from 2 limes
- 1-2 tbs finely chopped cilantro (depending on how big of a cilantro lover you are)
- Salt to taste
– I also love to add little pieces of cucumber for a refreshing crisp crunch. Use 1/4 to 1/2 a cup depending upon how much you like cucumber. You may have to also add additional salt.
Directions on How to Make Avocado Salmon
- Create the rub by mixing the salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion and black pepper together, rub the salmon fillets with olive oil and this seasoning mix. Fitness Tip: If you want to reduce the fat, use spray olive oil instead.
- Place the salmon fillets in fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Combine the avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a bowl and mix well, chill until ready to use. Also add cucumber if desired.
- Grill the salmon to desired amount. Usually 5 minutes
- Top with avocado salsa and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts For Avocado Salmon
Makes 4 Servings
Vitamin C: 25.9
This refreshing summer dish can also be cooked in the oven. If you love this recipe for Avocado salmon, use the links to print it out and add to your book of healthy recipes 😉 Let us know how you like it! We love to hear from our readers!