If you are looking for high protein meals, that are low in carbs and grain free, this recipe is it! It’s simple, fast, and cheap! Use our fitness tips below to make healthy and delicious alterations.
This recipe for eggs baked in portobello mushrooms, takes about 5 minutes of prep time, and 25 minutes of cook time.
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- Olive oil spray
- 4 Large eggs or 1 cup of egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Green onions (on top for garnish – optional)
- Salt and Pepper – 1/4 teaspoon for each
You can stick with these basic ingredients OR you can get crazy and add a lot of fun to the filling.
- Instead of using a simple egg, you could scramble the egg and add additional ingredients such as
- Feta and spinach
- Turkey bacon and chives
- Tomatoes with eggs, bacon and avocado (add avocado after baking)
- Egg white filling with onions, bacon, chicken sausage and light cheese.
- Turn the broiler on high and move your oven rack to the middle.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Scoop mushroom caps out. I like to remove the dark brown insides but this is optional. If you want more room for filing, this is also a great way to increase space.
- Spray both sides of the mushrooms with olive oil. then sprinkle each cap with salt and pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of garlic.
- Broil each mushroom 5 minutes on each side.
- Now, remove mushrooms and switch the oven back to baking mode. Set to 400 degrees.
- Add your egg with cheese on top (the original recipe), OR add your crazy, fun fillings to make an even more exciting dish!
- Bake for 15 minutes and you’re done!
If you have friends and family that would enjoy this low carb recipe, please feel free to pass it on using or “share” links above.
Leave a Reply