Zucchini chips ?? Have we gone too far? A little on the crazy side but take our word for it these “chips” are amazing! This low carb recipe is also gluten free, paleo, low fat, and dairy free!! Put the potato chips down, trash the corn chips and make room for the some results! You can get your crunchy, salty, fix without all the fat and carbs with this easy to make recipe!
Low Carb Recipe Monday – Zucchini Chips
- 1 lb of sliced zucchini – thinly sliced – roughly 4
- Spray olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1/4 tsp of salt
* NOTE – sprinkle LESS then you think you need on the zucchini chips. Because they shrink, the flavors become more intense
- Preheat over to 230 degrees
- Wash, dry and thinly slice your zucchini. I recommend using a mandolin slicer to keep them thin and consistent. 1/8 is the recommend thickness.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. spread the zucchini on the paper.
- Spray with olive oil and sprinkle desired amount of salt and pepper and any other spices – REMEMBER the notes from above
- Bake for an hour and a half BUT make sure after the first hour you check on them periodically (every 10 minutes) after the first hour.
Eat immediately after baking for the maximum amount of crunch. As they cool they will get a little softer.
Trainer tips – Dress it up ! Use these chips just like any other according to the spices you chose! If you went for simple – use a hummus dip. If you went for spice then use your salsa. You could even get crazy and try making your own dill, lemon, mayo dip !
Have a Dehydrator ??? You can easily switch this recipe. Here are the directions for this low carb recipe.
Use this low carb recipe for zucchini chips to lower your carb intake, especially at night! If you know some avid chip eaters and it’s affecting their health, size or results, you may want to pass this recipe along!