East low carb recipes are the best way to get lean and stay lean. Using them 3-4 nights a week can impact your physique in a very positive way. This slow cooker recipe is super easy, kinda fun and it tastes amazing. Feel free to play around with the ingredients or mack some fun additions. Then leave us comments and let us know how you liked it!
- 1 pound of ground Italian hot sausage. – I prefer grass fed beef instead.
- 5 bell peppers. They can be any variety of colors.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower – chopped or cut up in the food processor
- 1 (8 ounce) can of tomato paste.
- 1 white onion – small – diced
- 1/2 head of garlic, minced.
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced (or 2 tsp. dried).
- 2 tsp dried oregano.
- 2 tsp dried thyme.
How you make it:
- Slice the tops of the peppers and gut them by removing the seeds and the inner stem.
- Either grate, chop or use a food processor to blend the cauliflower (half a head) into fine pieces.
- Add garlic (chopped), basil, herbs, and onions to your cauliflower and mix by hand.
- Brown your choice of meat. On medium / high heat. I like mine to be seared a bit but if you want to retain more moisture, you can cook it slower.
- Add your cooked meat and can of tomato paste to your bowl of seasoned cauliflower and mix by hand.
- Stuff your meat mixture into your peppers as much as you can. Place your peppers into your slow cooker and loosely place the pepper tops back on. If you have extra meat and cauliflower mixture place it to the side to use for other dishes OR throw it into the slow cooker between the peppers and allow it to cook.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
This low carb recipe should be one you add to your low carb / healthy cooking recipe book. So, make sure you print it out to use on another occasion using the share link above!
Leave a Reply