Easy and simple is the key to clean eating. Find great recipes that are easy to make, healthy, and low carb. Then collet them and add them to a recipe book. This way, eating clean and healthy becomes effortless. This low carb recipe in particular is only 2 ingredients, it’s quick and cheap!
Low Carb Recipe – Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
- Remove the skin form 1/4 of a fresh pineapple
- 1 package of nitrate free bacon. You can also use nitrate free turkey bacon. Don’t use low quality bacon or the bite size pieces won’t be as tasty. Quality nitrate free meats always compliment the pineapple better.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degree.
- Prepare pineapple by slicing into 1-inch by ½ inch cubes. I’ve also seen them cut into triangles
- Wrap one entire slice of bacon around each pineapple.
- Lay each bacon-wrapped pineapple on to parchment-lined cookie sheet with the bacon-flap side down.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bacon is perfectly brown and crispy.
- When done, allow to cool briefly then remove them and place them on a paper towel. This will allow the fat to drip into the towel. Feel free to dap them also to get excess grease off.
- Serve warm.
- Makes approximately 13-14 bites.
This is a great low carb recipe to use for football season, as appetizers, or for any events that might be coming up. It’s also a great snack to have on hand.