I heard about magnesium oil a while back on the suggestion of a friend. After trying it I am now a believer! I use it in my baths or spay it directly onto my sore muscles, and joints. I started using this years ago after a knee injury and was amazed at how fast it worked! It’s a great way to reduce inflammation and pain without having to take extra medication. It’s also great for sore muscles! Anyone who pushes their body to the max should look into this oil! My dad loves using this oil for his gout and swears by it!
Why Magnesium is SO Important
“Every single cell in the human body demands adequate magnesium to function, or it will perish. Strong bones and teeth, balanced hormones, a healthy nervous and cardiovascular system, well functioning detoxification pathways and much more depend upon cellular magnesium sufficiency. Soft tissue containing the highest concentrations of magnesium in the body including the brain and the heart—two organs that produce a large amount of electrical activity, and which can be especially vulnerable to magnesium insufficiency (source).”
Side effects of a magnesium deficiency include:
- Loss of appetite
- Weakness and dizziness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Inability to sleep or insomnia
- Sensitivity to noise
- Mental disturbances
- Anxiety, depression or restlessness
- Muscle soreness or spasms
- Infertility or PMS
- High levels of stress
- Heart “flutters” or palpitations
- Fatigue or unusual tiredness
- Coldness in extremities
- Fuzzy brain or difficulty concentrating
- Allergies and sensitivities
- Lack of appetite
- Back pain
- Body odor
- Bad short term memory
- Poor coordination
- Insulin resistance
- Carbohydrate cravings
- Frequent cavities or poor dental health
- Gut disorders
- Kidney stones
- Thyroid problems
If you have more than one of the above symptoms and especially if you have more than five, it is highly likely that you could benefit from magnesium supplementation (source).
Why We Aren’t Getting Enough Magnesium
In a perfect world, we would farm our food and the soil would supply it with enough vitamins and minerals to deliver it to our cells. However, the farming industry has changed and things have become severely over processed. This includes the soil we use to grow food. Overtaxed soil has depleted our food and pesticides have overtaxed our systems making it hard to absorb the vitamins and minerals through our digestive tract.
What to Expect When Using Magnesium Oil
- It’s slightly sticky so use it under cotton clothes and allow it to sink in for roughly 15 – 30 minutes.
- It may tingle.
- Sometimes it may have a slight burn for up to 5 minutes.
- It seems to burn more in areas that are inflamed.
Why Use it
- It amazing for sore muscles and joints.
- Seems to decrease inflammation at a rapid pace.
- Increases circulation.
- Absorbs through the skin for fast delivery.
- Could decrease the amount of medications and over the counter medications.
- Helps with Menstrual cramps (apply directly to lower abdomen).
How to Use Magnesium Oil
Spray it on your hands and rub it directly into the sore area. Allow the oil to sink into the skin and muscle for 15-30 minutes. If it’s on your legs or arms, you may want to put on a cotton based fabric afterwards. Wash your hands to rinse off the sticky residue.
Reviews from Online
Posted by 5125922549622535530 on Feb 16, 2016
I spray on the soles of my feet before bed and my sleep has greatly improved! I’m up in the breastfeeding baby and while I’m not getting more sleep than before I’m much more refreshed in the morning.
Posted by BomBom on Jan 22, 2016
I read that this magnesium oil could be used as a deodorant and so I decided to give it a try. I just don’t want to continue using deodorants that contain aluminium which is carcinogenic. I noticed that it is not as effective if I don’t spray enough (<3 pumps each armpit) and let the oil dry before wearing my clothes. Although it is called an oil, it doesn’t look oily nor does it make your skin greasy. Overall I’m pretty satisfied with this natural deodorant.
De-calcify those joints!!
Posted by Reviewer2918682 on Oct 26, 2012
This is one of only a few supplements I take where I get instant and I mean INSTANT relief and effect. I simply cannot run at all without getting shin-splints if I dont but this mag oil on my knees and shins before running. I also noticed when I first started taking this I could literally feel my veins in my kneeds twitching a little like it was decalcifying, same effect on my kidneys when put on my lower back. I simply cannot be without this product right now. This is a must if one suffers from knee problems or shin splints when running. I cannot emphasize this enough. Also great for post-workout since magnesium relaxes the muscles and joints. Open the top and add a little to your post workout steam bath.
Make Your Own Calming Magnesium Butter!
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup of cocoa butter
1/4 cup of magnesium oil
10 – 15 Drops of Essential Oils
1/4 cup of liquid carrier oil
- Use a double boiler and melt the coconut oil and cocoa butter over medium heat.
- Once both oils are melted, add liquid carrier oil and magnesium oil.
- Stir the oils and allow them to cool.
- Once the oils are cooled and hard you will want to whip them into a body butter.
- Use a hand mixer and whip the oils together.
- Add essential oils and continue to whip until the body butter is light and fluffy.
- Store body butter in a air tight container.
- Keeps for 6 months (Coconut Mama)
Magnesium oil has done wonders for my sore joints, muscles and sleep! You can buy this oil at many of your local health food stores and it’s very reasonably priced! Test it out, then write in and let me know your thoughts.