Tired of paying tons of money for over priced protein bars?? Now it’s time you made your own! I found this great recipe that’s easy and quick.
This easy to make recipe takes just 20 minutes and gives you a healthy snack you can take anywhere.
- 3 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups powdered non-fat milk
- 4 scoops low carbohydrate chocolate, vanilla or any flavored protein powder
- 1 cup sugar free maple syrup
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 325, spray baking sheet with non stick spray.
- Mix together oats, powdered milk and protein powder
- In another bowl mix egg whites, orange juice, applesauce, and syrup
- Mix number 2 and 3 above until thick
- Spread batter onto baking sheet and bake until crisp, approx 15 minutes
- Cut into 10 bars and store in container or freeze for future snacking
Per bar: 157 calories, 23g carbs, 15g protein, .5g fiber and 4g fiber (source)
For people who have allergies … this is a MUST. Making your own bars allows you to control what goes in them. A lot of bars out on the market are full of bad chemicals and unwanted additives. The worst thing you can eat in the store bought bars is glycerin. This is a product used in soaps (yuck). If you have protein bar recipes of your own, them email me them here and I will post them for others to read and try!
Adria Ali * Dedicated to Lori and Jackson
(CES, PES, CPT, BS)