The race is on to create a toning shoe that looks half way decent. Reebok got a head start with their “Tone Ups.” They coupled this good looking shoe with an even better commercial to drive sales. However, New Balance may have given them a run for their money with their new, more versatile and comedic commercial.
The commercial starts out by showing the “other” toning shoes with their curved bulky bottom and a man looking at the shoes instead of the good looking girl. It then cuts to another girl wearing the New Balance. The man is seen checking out the girl instead of the shoes, while the previous girl looks back in disgust.
While the commercial is comical, its also very true. That could be why the Reebok brand of toning shoes can been seen all of the gym, worn by the younger generation.
TrueBalance is essentially an innovative “balance board technology” that offers comfort, toning and increased calorie burning while you walk. Your body is forced to constantly establish correct balance with each step so you get better posture, more toned muscles, and more regularly activated muscles.
According to New Balance, “When compared to traditional walking shoes, TrueBalance creates:
up to 10% increased calorie burning
- up to 29% increased quad muscle activation
- up to 16% increased glute muscle activation
- up to 16% increased hamstring muscle activation
- up to 14% increased calf muscle activation
And just look at all of the amazing features that come with the TrueBalance features in the Wellness shoes:
- Highest quality and technologically sound materials
- Synthetic and mesh uppers
- Seamless Phantom Liner reduces the weight of the shoe
- Premium foam insert offers high density, open-cell foam to gently conform to the foot and disperse pressure
- ACTEVA™ ULTRALITE – a premium ultra-lightweight midsole that provides optimal resistance and is 32% lighter than standard foam
- N-DURANCE® rubber compound outsole for maximum durability in high-wear areas (source).
New Balance actually came out with 2 different shoes. The one shown above is the more modern and younger looking version called the “True Balance.” The second version is reminiscent of the other shoes but with a better look called the “Rock and Balance.”
The reviews on these shoes so far seems very positive. In general, most buyers say they are durable, light weight, and extremely comfortable! Not much was said about calorie burning. However, they could be so new that people aren’t sure yet.
Leave a Reply