Here’s a great breakfast idea! If you want to make this recipes even better then use whole wheat bagels, egg whites or egg substitute, and low fat cheese.
Mini Spinach Frittatas
Inspired by South Beach Diet and Self Magazine
I find I do better with protein for breakfast and the easiest way for me to get protein in the morning is eggs. I like making these frittatas because you can make a weeks worth in one shot.
2 tbs low fat milk
3/4 cup diced red pepper
1 package of chopped frozen spinach
5 ounces cup soft goat cheese (chevre)
salt and pepper to taste
- Microwave spinach on high for two minutes. Wring with hands to drain excess liquid.
- Beat eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Mix in goat cheese.
- Add veggies and salt ant pepper to taste.
- Pour muffin tins coated with canola cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or until firm and just golden on top.
- Once cooled, you can store the frittatas in the fridge. To warm you can microwave for 20 to 40 seconds to reheat, or pop them in a toaster oven for about a minute (source)
Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day … NOT DINNER. If you use this simple trick then you will see fast results!