This version of cilantro lime chicken is easy to make, it goes well in many recipes, and it’s affordable. Whether you’re using it on a salad, in a taco, or as a main course, this recipe can spice up any healthy recipe in an instant without adding additional fat and carbs.
Paleo Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Boneless Chicken, 3 breasts
- 3 limes
- 4 – 6 cloves of garlic or 4-6 teaspoons of store bought crushed garlic
- Olive Oil or spray olive oil
- Cayenne or Chili Powder
- Cilantro, 1/4 cup, clipped and washed
- Avocado, optional
- Start by chopping up your garlic cloves. Then wash and clip your cilantro and zest your lime. Once you are done zesting the lime, juice it, then slice it into wedges to use for later. If you’d like you can also slice up some avocado.
- For faster cooking, slice the chicken breast into chunks. You can also cook them whole but it will add additional time.
- Next, heat a skillet to medium heat. You can choose to pour olive oil on the bottom of the pan OR to lower the fat content, you can spray olive oil on the bottom of the pan. Once the pan is pipping hot, add your chicken carefully making sure not to burn yourself. Brown chicken on the bottom to start. If you are using spray olive oil, make sure you spray all sides of the chicken breast.
- Add spices on top of the cooking chicken. Sprinkle it with cumin and chili powder or pepper. Let it cook another minute or two, until the white line has moved about halfway through the pieces.
- Flip your chicken and allow it to cook another couple minutes. Then reduce your heat to medium low and sprinkle in your garlic and lime zest. Stir a little and allow to cook for a couple minutes. Make sure you don’t burn your garlic.
- Once the chicken is cooked all the way through, add your lime juice and combine it with the juices from the pan.
- Remove from pan and add cilantro as a topping / garnish.
using 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 chicken breasts (4 oz each)
Makes 3 Servings
Fat: 12.1 g
Carbs: 6 g
Protein: 21.6 g
Test this recipe out! We want to hear what you think of this low carb, cilantro lime chicken. If you find a new and amazing ingrediant to add to the mix, or a crazy way to use this chicken in other recipes, let us know!